Saturday, March 19, 2011

Financial Peace? Is that possible?

Caty and I have been raised by parents that were pretty good with money. We both made it out of college with no student loans, no huge debt in credit cards, or any 'major' debt otherwise. I have a mortgage, minor Best Buy Credit Debt and a car payment. Not bad for a guy that could have easily ran up thousands in debt on electronics or Credit Card.

So if you were looking at us as a couple, we seem to be pretty good with money right? Yeah, she may be good but me personally I am the guy that never saved a dollar. I used to make some serious money on a nightly basis while I was bartending and all I have to show from that is a damaged liver. Caty and I started Financial Peace University with Dave Ramsey. I must admit the first few sessions left me feeling like a complete and utter failure when it comes to money. I have started the whole budgeting and 'watching money' stuff and I do slightly feel better about myself now.

It is officially 1 week out from payday and I am actually not stretching every dollar yet! I am ok with that. I just need to get into a mindset that I realize this is a every month thing. I rarely stick to things (diets, workout, reading, etc) so this may be my biggest struggle of the whole program.

2 comments:

  1. It feels really good not to have to worry about money this week. I have some random left over (probably will be gone after RC). We will adjust the budget for April and be even better. Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preston's dad told us we need to take this course together...

    ReplyDelete