Thursday, July 12, 2012

Slightly Nervous but overall pretty stoked.

The last post I wrote I have reread a few times and while the story is pretty interesting, the complaining and poor pitiful Justin crap I wrote at the end made me sound like PLB (poor little B, for those not up to speed with the Dearing acronyms we use in this house).  So I have been hitting it hard for the last week, my eating has began to come back under control... not perfect at all yet but it is WAY better than it was.  I have been to the gym, I have ran, and I have been back to the boot camp.

Again, my motivation for all this is to be a healthier me, a healthy dad, and overall happier person.  I am pretty dang happy as it is, but the stressing of teaching hormonal and sometimes disrespectful high school aged (notice I say aged, rarely do they act as old as the number states) looms right around the corner and I need to get my defenses and habits in place for when the stress hits.  That being said, I was talking with my trainer/buddy after camp the other night and he mentioned he was ready to take me to a new workout.  He mentioned that he worked with an MMA studio and asked if I wanted to relieve some stress and hit something... I said of course!  So tonight I head into this MMA studio, nowhere near the place physically that I need to be to remotely hang with these guys.  I will get to practice striking, grapplings, and all sorts of other stuff... and even may get a shot to spar, not sure!  Here's to hoping I don't puke (or if I do, I at least make it look respectable) and also I don't just get my ass kicked too insanely bad.  I love watching the UFC fights and always would say it would be fun to do... here goes nothing!

-Dearing

No comments:

Post a Comment